Skip to main content

Python for Kids -- for Adult. Coding can be fun, give it a try.

Stumbled into this book at local library, amongst many others. Python coding examples in this book are really fun and the illustrations are great! Kids nowadays are so lucky (!). Adults with some spare time should enjoy this too! (hopefully).

BOOK: Computer Coding Python Projects For Kids

by Carol Vorderman

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Coding-Python-Projects-Step/dp/0241286867#:~:text=Book%20overview&text=Computer%20Coding%20Python%20for%20Kids%20uses%20a%20hands%2Don%20approach,have%20fun%20as%20they%20learn.



Sometimes we make assumption that if one has access to library, Internet, or a great amount of knowledge,  then they will automatically be aspired to learn and discover more. Well, not always the case! Not everyone will be interesting to code after all. Even if everyone can code.


Even as a geek, I think it takes a bit of some brain coordination and spare some time to find the one you most interested in and then really dig into it, to actually learn and have some tinkering.


Recently in year 2023, when I first play around with AI Image Generation and ChatGPT, I started to feel more geeky and nerdy than before.


I am I randomly touch the basic of programming here and there, but I think I can now have a bit more confident to explore with AI companion.



I don't know how others think of coding, maybe everyone has different ways to get into coding. I like coding like I like to try musical instruments, maybe drawing tools to make random drawings, maybe a little bit like video games. Try the game, understand the mechanism, find some challenges, then proceed.

Recently I like to tinker with AI Generation Tools like Stable Diffusion, Dall-E 3, and also there are many tools to try locally to tinker with this "noise" that endlessly generate images, based on text prompt with some controls. Things get a bit faster like using Latent Consistency Model, LCM, or even a bit more nicer with SDXL. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. We have paid one like Midjourney, and also ability for ChatGPT to use DallE with text chat. It's amazing time.

Controversially aside, with AI and "knowledge of everything" and ability to request "anything" we could use AI to smoother communication between human beings -- hopefully. We should get back to being curious and share knowledge and skills. Despite competition cannot be any higher, there is a really higher value to be able to teach your knowledge and explore new areas that's often missed because too much focus is on the profit and commercial sides. Not every ART and KNOWLEDGE has to be commercially approved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PYTHON PROCESSING / It only really begins ...

Back into Processing again, with Python! While Daniel Shiffman is continuously inspiring us with his CODING TRAIN series on YouTube, using Processing with Java and Javascript language, I decided to free my mind and trying to really do something using Processing and Python language. Installing Python language version on Processing 3 is easy enough, just first download the latest Processing and install the Python language mode via Add Mode button. Other link that might help: https://github.com/jdf/processing.py http://py.processing.org/tutorials/ BLANK MODE As soon as Processing Python Mode, opens up and running I am presented with a  blank environment. Suddenly I recalled my journey in learning programming from zero until now... With Python, outside Processing, commonly people will be introduced to Python IDE or IDLE environment. Something that looks like Console Window or Command Prompt, where we type single liners command. Python Command Line and IDE normally have t

PYTHON / OpenCV, Recreate Uncanny Manga - Anime Style

Can you tell what it is? Computer Vision. Yesterday, I spend almost whole day exploring this opencv module using Python. What I discovered was revealing. Even at the very basic level, I could produce some interesting Image and Video manipulation using all the code collected from documentation and many, many blog tutorials. If you are a total noob like me, I am still getting used to knowing that the CV in OpenCV means Computer Vision! Actuallly, I recalled that I did try to get into OpenCV few years back ago, when I knew no Python and when Python opencv module was probably still early. It was all C++ code and it was a little bit too hard for me. I read a couple of books about opencv at the library, I did not understand a single thing. That was back then. Today, for strange reason, with a bit of knowledge of Python, I can go a little further. EDGE DETECT IN OPENCV Me holding you know what. What leads me this far is my curiosity on how we can replicate Wolfram Langu

WOLFRAM / Making Text With Rainbow Color

Continuing with my Wolfram Mathematica Trial Experience... I watched and went through some more Mathematica introduction videos, read lots of Mathematica documentation and also going through the Wolfram Lab Online again a few times. There are some major learning curves and Mathematica is a lot different from normal programming language. Sometimes there is a lot of interesting "shortcuts", say like: FindFaces[] , WordCloud[] . Sometimes I got a little confused on how one can do iterations. Normally FOR LOOP concept is introduced early, but in Wolfram, because everything is EXPRESSIONS and ENTITY (like OBJECTS), sometimes it gets quite quirky. Mind you I am still in the first impression and having to look at many tutorials. Lots of NEAT EXAMPLES from documentation, but sometimes I got lost. I found Wolfram to be really awesome with LIST and generating list. It's almost too easy when it works visually. I cannot explain them with my own words yet, but there are